9 REASONS TO LOVE A SMALLER HOME
This blog should be prefaced with, “There’s benefits to both sides!”
As the average American home has increased in size since the 1970s, that also means an excess of homes that may not be fit for a king, but are still perfectly suitable for anyone else! Here are 9 reasons why living in a smaller space can make your life easier.
- Easier to maintain. Anyone who has owned a house knows the amount of time, energy, and effort to maintain it. A smaller home accomplishes the task of cutting down those factors and making you feel less convoluted by responsibility.
- Less time spent cleaning. No need to break your back trying to reach every corner of every room!
- Less expensive. Smaller homes are less expensive to purchases and less expensive to upkeep. Your bank account will thank you!
- Mentally Freeing. A good mantra to go by is, “Buy small and free your mind!” As you may have noticed, decluttering has been a big trend in the past few years. A smaller space only helps accommodate that goal of freeing yourself from the chains of clutter.
- More time. Many of the benefits above (less cleaning, less maintaining, mental freedom) will allow you more time to work on things outside of just maintaining your home. Have you been wanting to get that new project off the ground? Take this moment!
- Encourages family bonding. Your family may drive you nuts, but at the end of the day you all need each other. A smaller space can make your family come together more often and share moments and memories. Psst…Scrabble nights are a great way to get your kids involved!
- Removes baggage. Again, this will go back to decluttering your home. A smaller space simply doesn’t afford you the convenience of stuffing away excess belongings. Guess what? You never needed that excess!
- Less temptation to accumulate. If there’s not any room in the house to fit an unneeded dresser, then you’ll know that it’s an unneeded cost!
- Less decorating. You can still have fun with decorating your smaller home, but we all know décor is a huge investment. Think small, save big!
Next time you shop around for homes, keep in mind these reasons that your next space may have to be a small wonder!
This article was written by The Brown Group, a top Oklahoma City real estate firm for home leasing and investments.